eCOGRA Continue Its Work on Educating Gambling Personnel
For five years, eCOGRA has been running educational courses focusing on responsible gambling training.
This year 70 key online gambling employees, working at eCOGRA-accredited operations received training in responsible gambling. In a press-release the manager of eCOGRA, Tex Rees, explains the main tutoring points and why the work of this non-profitable organization is so important for you, the gambler.
"Responsible Gambling ranks very high in eCOGRA priorities for both social responsibility and business reasons. This year is the fifth in which eCOGRA has provided service to Fair and Safe seal-bearing online gambling venues across the online casino, poker room, mobile, bingo, live dealer and sports betting platforms of the 145 international, tier one gambling sites that are accredited."
Stopping problem gamblers from accessing the web sites is just one of the aspects of the responsible gambling program. Other areas, such as highlighting the importance of fair operations and the use of the latest safe-ensuring technologies by the casinos are also a key issues of the training.
Here follows some of the points the eCOGRA course focused on this year:
- Identifying and dealing with problem gamblers and understanding how a compulsion can develop, concluding with role-playing exercises and in-depth discussion sessions.
- Awareness of what issues a problem gambler faces.
- Perceived numbers as opposed to actual prevalence study percentages.
- The implementation of eCOGRA best practice standards and requirements, including practical sessions on gambling websites where the dedicated responsible gambling facilities were analysed critically, and the reasons for inclusion in eCOGRA standards discussed.
- Advertising standards, with examples of gambling ads recently criticised by the UK Advertising Standards Authority.
If you want more information on problem gambling and what to do if you, or someone close to you develop a problem with gambling, you can read up on some of the warning signs and how to get help in our problem gambling article.